Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Greetings and welcome to the Simoun Sibyllae Forums!

Feel free to browse the forums and join our little community. We love active members and contributors, so if you can help us out, that would be wonderful. Remember to introduce yourself if you haven't already.

Remember! Simoun are divine aircraft!

^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Greetings and welcome to the Simoun Sibyllae Forums!

Feel free to browse the forums and join our little community. We love active members and contributors, so if you can help us out, that would be wonderful. Remember to introduce yourself if you haven't already.

Remember! Simoun are divine aircraft!

^_^
Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engaging Others

2 posters

Go down

Engaging Others Empty Engaging Others

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:40 pm

I know many of you pretty well by now, and others I don't. I think it's interesting though to discuss what others that you have introduced to the series have thought as they watched Simoun, especially if the person has never watched anime before, or even anime like Simoun. When I speak of others, I mean what that person thought when you told them to watch Simoun and they did.

I myself have been having my mom watch Simoun since she's recovering from surgery. I honestly didn't think I'd get her to watch the series, but she wanted to to show that she did care enough to see something I liked. It wouldn't have been possible if she didn't have surgery, so I'm glad she did.

I've found that I've really enjoyed discussing the episodes with her so far as she has watched because she is a person who has never watched anime and never seen anything subbed. It was something entirely new to her, as she is not fond of American cartoons for adults these days. So to watch Simoun was an eye opener for her. She hasn't finished the series yet, but she is ready to begin episode 12. She finds herself drawn to the storyline and glad she has my DVD sets so she can always watch the next episode just in case. I get her reactions on characters, or key episodes and answer any questions that she had over things that were confusing. It's interesting to listen because she does seem to pick up on everything that we know as fact in the series or things we once upon a time suspected.

Simoun has become a way for me to bond with my mom because we are not very close at all. For once, I have something that I can talk to with her and that she can then give her own opinions to with me. I think it'll be interesting to see what she thinks after she has finished all 26 episodes and where her opinions stand at the very end versus the beginning. I've been detailing it in my LJ so many of you know the interesting things that have come up so far.

Your turn to share!
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Ri Mājon Points : 291

http://http:www.chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Engaging Others Empty Re: Engaging Others

Post by Silverzephyr Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:02 pm

I watched Simoun with my mom. She's the type that enjoys fiction but doesn't particularly discuss it at length, so we didn't talk about it much though we did talk a bit after some episodes. She didn't dislike anybody from the main cast, although she didn't have clear favorites. She did name Wapourif, Limone, and Rodoreamon as characters she liked especially well. She also liked WapourifxMorinas. She said the series in general was compelling.

Like I said we haven't talked about it much at length, but I really just wanted to show her Simoun since it's been my favorite series so long, and I was curious what she'd think. It's also nice to be able to mention something Simoun-related and have her know what I'm talking about. We spent a car-ride recently making random Emerald Ri Maajon-related jokes, which was pretty funny XD (Darned if I remember what they were though. Something about using it to go back in time and see classic conductors and then something about using it to transport somewhere else in time to get out of jail. ...I think a lot of my conversations with my mom sound this strange out of the context of knowing us...or, you know, the context of being us XD).
Silverzephyr
Silverzephyr
Sibylla
Sibylla

Ri Mājon Points : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:23 pm

*giggles* I remember using "But Emma's mom watched it!" as reason to get my mom to watch it too. It was such fun hearing your mom's reaction to different bits.

Do you think you'll get her to watch any other anime in the future? Mine's gonna try Fate/stay night.
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Ri Mājon Points : 291

http://http:www.chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverzephyr Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Lol, yeah, in-depth discussion or not, my mom did have some pretty amusing reactions. XD

She'd probably be willing to try another series, but it just depends if there's something else I either decide she'd specifically like or want to see her reaction to.
Silverzephyr
Silverzephyr
Sibylla
Sibylla

Ri Mājon Points : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum