Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Greetings and welcome to the Simoun Sibyllae Forums!

Feel free to browse the forums and join our little community. We love active members and contributors, so if you can help us out, that would be wonderful. Remember to introduce yourself if you haven't already.

Remember! Simoun are divine aircraft!

^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Greetings and welcome to the Simoun Sibyllae Forums!

Feel free to browse the forums and join our little community. We love active members and contributors, so if you can help us out, that would be wonderful. Remember to introduce yourself if you haven't already.

Remember! Simoun are divine aircraft!

^_^
Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc.

3 posters

Go down

Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc. Empty Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc.

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 am

Some of you remember the project started around the beginning of summer that culminated in one completed fanmix for Aaeru and Neviril. Within the LJ thread, we were suggesting songs for any and every character that fit. It's been probably 5 months, and I wanted to try it again, to see what we could create. Since this is a forum, it's easy to keep track of the thread and make necessary updates. I've also got some rules in place to make sure that no one makes most of the recommendations.

Rules:

1. Post a song that describes a character, scene, pair, or the world in general.
2. The song you choose must completely fit. Please don't suggest songs where only a verse or the chorus fit.
3. When posting a song, links to lyrics or the YouTube vid are great. If the song isn't in English, translated lyrics are necessary so we can see how it connects.
4. Please explain how your song works for what you are suggesting it for.
4. Post no more than 2 songs at a time. This gives others a chance to post and respond.

(I'll add on to this post as people add songs so that we can see the mass gathering)
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Ri Mājon Points : 291

http://http:www.chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc. Empty Re: Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc.

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:00 am

And since I started the thread, I'll start us off with some songs. I didn't have either of these songs the first time we started gathering them and I think they work well for their characters.

Aaeru

Sky~ Sonique: My friend Lily sent me this this morning for Aaeru. I RP Aaeru in an LJ community and she said the song is what she thinks of whenever Aaeru makes a post. I've never found a song that perfectly described my favorite character, so I'm glad I have. The song itself talks about "wanting to fly, wanting to touch the sky, being free, and speaking of it to another person so that they might see it too."

Neviril

Glittering Cloud ~ Imogen Heap: Kristen sent me this song a couple months ago I think. I made the connect to Neviril right away, and she had thought I might. Of course, she never told me that when she sent the song. I had actually planned to use this song in fanfic and it's a work in progress still. When I did layout work for it, this is what I came up with: works with Neviril wanting to not be the person she had become with Amuria, the confusion she feels when she's with Aaeru, what others see her as (and she thinks of herself), and then above all, flying in the sky, searching. I can go more in depth on request because I have the paper with all my notes XD
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc. Empty Re: Songs to Describe Characters, Scenes, World, etc.

Post by Silverzephyr Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:48 pm

(This became long analysis, sorry if it's too in-depth, but at least it makes up for the fact that I won't have many other songs to post?)
I've known of and loved this song for years, but only just now as I saw this thread thought to look up the translated lyrics and was pleasantly surprised at how it fit.

Tori no Uta
The youtube video's description has one translation. Here's another one as well.

Various parts of this song could work well for many characters and aspects of the series (the second verse for Neviril throughout the series especially comes to mind), but taken as a whole I think it works best for Chor Tempest after they've long since been to the spring.

In both of the translations, the first part has the line "I couldn't stay unchanged since that day" followed by "I couldn’t stay unchanged forever," and this is expressed with regret/frustration. Unlike Aaeru, Neviril, Dominura, and Limone, the rest of Chor Tempest (well, excluding Yun and Mamiina) entered the spring and must continue on with their lives as adults, changing instead of hanging onto eternal youth (and the things it represents--innocence, purity, the feelings that come with being a young maiden. The war itself already took away much of their innocence and purity, but couldn't take away their emotions and struggle to deal with them, and purity is something that a Simoun Sibylla would have symbolized pre-war, and which many of them still strive to hang onto throughout the war itself).

The next verse talks of desires to fly, saying that there is an unreachable place that is still secretly yearned for. Flight in Simoun represents prayer and can only be done by maidens. At the end of the series, they send Aaeru and Neviril off to another world, or the Land of Hope. As they grow into adults, Chor Tempest will always look to that eternity, hope, and youth, which are represented by Aaeru and Neviril in another transcendent land.

The third verse describes children playing in the summer and says "We place in the distance the days of our childhood/We place in our hands hope that springs forth." As they grow further from their days before adulthood, their eternal maidens still keep hope alive for them.

The fourth verse can be taken to describe how they sent Aaeru and Neviril off and how now, the pair will never change, and so as the characters all discuss at the end of episode 26, Chor Tempest's mark on the world is permanent--they've preserved their feelings as maidens.

The fifth verse in the second translation goes "The windmill’s blades spinning in that sky/Dream the same dream forever/I’m always gazing at the unreachable place/I kept my wish, the bird’s dream, to myself." The first two lines can describe Aaeru and Neviril, who continue to dream forever, while the second two lines can be about the rest of Chor Tempest keeping their dreams inside of them as they grow older.

The youtube description's translation for that part was "The blades of the windmill that turn in the sky/Always have the same dream/The dream of a bird, her wish kept to herself,/Gazing at the place she can't reach." This version made me also think of Aaeru and Neviril throughout the series wishing to be eternal maidens but not yet achieving it, and so this could also be used to represent the characters' memories being preserved as well.

The sixth verse speaks of always remembering days gone by, even throughout dark, uncertain, or changing times, when the past is further away and covered in fog, they'll still hang onto their memories.

The seventh verse includes a promise to not let go of someone's hand, saying that they'll be able to look straight ahead that way. This verse reminds me of their trip to the spring. In the future, though some of them are still in contact, they're as a whole not literally holding each other's hands or supporting each other, but at the moment they became adults, they were hand-in-hand and looking straight ahead, and that link can support them in the future when they're separated.

The last verse is a repeat of the first. They're all still growing and changing, and will always have some longing for their youth.
Silverzephyr
Silverzephyr
Sibylla
Sibylla

Ri Mājon Points : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Emma suggested I do post my play by play for Glittering Cloud so I decided to do so. It includes my fic work ideas that were in progress, so please do not use them for your own. Lyrics are in italics, my ideas are not.

I’m not always like this.
It’s something I’ve become.
A terrible weakness
In my nature, in my blood.
Save me, oh save me, save me from myself
Before I hurt somebody else again.

Neviril has become too dependent on Amuria. She relies on Amuria to provide strength and protection when she is weak. When Amuria disappears, Neviril loses her support and finds she cannot stand on her own and be strong.

Domino motion jump starts when we touch
The blackout approaching
Here it comes now, wish me luck.
It’s all over, it’s all over, it’s all over in a flash.
I can’t remember.
What have I done now?

The times she and Aaeru touch, especially near the end of the series. Use the time Neviril is kissed by Aaeru and then when she kisses Aaeru in the maaju pool. Neviril then later questions why she reacted to Aaeru as she did Amuria. Why would she consider Aaeru to be on the same level as Amuria for even a moment?

Go go, faster, wider
More, more. Get it down, ya.
Dance, dance. Take me over
Glittering cloud x2

Oh, my head hurts
Oh dear, oh dear.

Use a time when they fly Simoun together and her wanting to go higher toward the clouds, considering what she wants (Amuria)

It’s all over the papers.
On the TV, wagging tongues.
The artist’s impression looks just like me
Only… better.
Don’t blame me. Don’t maim me. I can’t help what I am.
Oh, Lord knows I’ve tried to.

This is what others think of Neviril. They hold her to this revered post as Sibylla Aurea. She knows what they think and say about her and she knows that some of it is exaggerated. Despite the rumors, she still is a good leader and problem solver as Regina of Chor Tempest. However, the reverence helps her to hide her grief and receive distance and privacy. She can’t help how she feels and doesn’t want to be blamed for grieving so long.

Go go, faster, wider
More, more. Get it down, ya.
Dance, dance. Take me over
Glittering cloud x2

Use this chorus to wrap up the end as Neviril reflects on doing the Emerald, being with Aaeru, and sharing the waltz together at the end of the series.
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Yun Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Learning to fly, Pink Floyd:

My own words won't accomplish and explain why I think this is suitable like the lyrics do.
Sibylla Yun
Sibylla Yun
Sibylla
Sibylla

Ri Mājon Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down