Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Greetings and welcome to the Simoun Sibyllae Forums!

Feel free to browse the forums and join our little community. We love active members and contributors, so if you can help us out, that would be wonderful. Remember to introduce yourself if you haven't already.

Remember! Simoun are divine aircraft!

^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Greetings and welcome to the Simoun Sibyllae Forums!

Feel free to browse the forums and join our little community. We love active members and contributors, so if you can help us out, that would be wonderful. Remember to introduce yourself if you haven't already.

Remember! Simoun are divine aircraft!

^_^
Simoun Sibyllae Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection

3 posters

Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Consider this thread a work in progress. I created a thread separate from what is already made simply because I have quite a bit of stuff and I wanted a way to lump it all together. I've created separate posts for each type of merchandise that I have, and included pictures and descriptions. Here are the types of merchandise you'll find here:

- DVDs
- Manga, Light Novels, & Doujinshi
- Video Game
- CDs
- Genga
- Background & Layout Sketches
- Character & Object Designs
- Miscellaneous
- Commissions
- Cosplay

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Ri Mājon Points : 291

http://http:www.chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty DVDs

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:11 pm

This is probably the first thing most people end up getting, but I figured I'd make a section for it anyway. I think this bit is self-explanatory as far as what it is so I'll skip that, and add the images instead. I first bought the Endless Melody Collection just days after finishing the series (though it may have been before that). A few months later I decided to collect the individual volumes and had all of those before summer ended, thanks to many Borders sales and coupons.

Endless Melody Collection

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6662

Volume 1

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6663

Volume 2

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6664

Volume 3

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6665

Volume 4

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6666

Volume 5

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6668

Entire Group

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6669

Bootlegs

Following are some very badly subbed bootlegs I got ahold of from a member of deviantArt. They were free as long as I paid the shipping fee. I got them simply for collecting purposes. Well, that, and the cover art on one was so pretty.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6709

These two DVDs have the entire series between them.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6708

There seems to be another DVD to this one. It's a case with a special slipcover. Inside are two DVDs that house eps 14-26 betwen them. I'd love to know if the first part of the series was done this way. This disc set was done by the same group that did the first set above because the subs are the same, just slightly faded at the bottom.

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Manga, Light Novels, & Doujinshi

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Out of all of these, the manga is perhaps the easiest to get ahold of, though all are quite hard to find.

Manga

I only have a physical copy of the official manga that ran in yuri-hime in three parts. My copy is in Chinese, and was acquired through Play-Asia for about $15. Through it I discovered that there are a few variations in the beginnings to some chapters, and this is documented elsewhere. Some chapter beginnings were changed when an official volume was published.

I am unsure if there was a physical separate copy created of the Megumi gag manga.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6636

Light Novels

There were two light novels created, although their true story remains unknown. I have no idea of the exact story portrayed in each of these books and only a guess that they go along with the anime storyline somewhat, based on the images within the book. My copies are in Chinese so I doubt they will be translated. I have not found Japanese copies of either book so far in my searches.

Light Novel #1

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6635

Light Novel #2

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6634

Together

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6633

Doujinshi

Last but not least, the doujinshi. I have no physical copies of many of these, since most are fan created. I will however, soon have a copy of one doujin, pictured below. Most of my doujinshi are collected into a large red binder, pictured below. Each doujin is tabbed out and the language it is in given. If there is a translated version, that is included as well.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6647

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6648

The Yun x Aaeru doujin is a recent find. I've known of its existence, and finally got it cheap on yahoo!Japan. Mostly, it was curiosity that got me. Now that I have this, I can provide a better understanding of the story. Yun apparently loved Mamiina in some form and is remembering her. Aaeru visits Yun with drinks and they talk, which leads to Yun remembering Mamiina. In the end these two kiss, and that leads to all sorts of sexual rompage. It's really not appropriate to post here, but the sexual stuff was sorta...expected. It didn't seem natural, but then again, I don't know what the two were saying. After the sex, Aaeru stays the night.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Yunxaaeru

My newest doujin will be an Aaeru x Neviril one. The title is "Distance Between Lips" according to Google Translate. This one actually has a lot of the comics with the cherry stem and knotting it. I have many of them saved. Very cute, and very much G rated. Also, Aaeru's not happy about something and I'm not sure what. She can tie a knot in a stem, so it's something else XD

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Baba_dj_books-img389x550-1289050249akygap18827doujin

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Video Game

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:14 pm

The Simoun video game was released for the PS2 and is only available in Japan. At the beginning of summer I acquired a Japanese PS2 so that I might play the game, and it is easily playable without knowing a thing about the Japanese language. It is, however, recommended that you have an understanding of a tactical RPG video game setup because you'll find it very easy to adapt to. The game itself presents an alternate storyline aboard the Messis. You end up coming across these desert Sibyllae and it all goes from there... I have not finished the game yet myself, but I am halfway through I believe.

I have the Limited Edition Box Set of the game, so I got some nifty extras. Surprisingly, the LE only costs about $30 more than the regular edition, so it's worth it. You get a nice box case, 2 small manga books, a data CD of goodies, and a storyline booklet as well.

Limited Edition Box Set

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6637

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6638

Game

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6641

2 Small Manga Books

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6643

Manga 1

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6644

Manga 2

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6645

Data CD

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6642

Storyline Booklet

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6646

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty CDs

Getting a complete collection of all the CDs available is a challenge. The easiest to buy via website are the OSTs and the Drama CD. The OP and ED singles are also currently available via an English site. The Flight CDs, however, are only available via Yahoo!Japan. If you use a deputy service, the Special Flight CD is an easy snag. Flight 1 and Flight 2 CDs are the rarest CDs of the entire set, and good luck finding them. It took me months to finally see copies being sold.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6660

Complete Set of CDs (All but the Drama CD pictured; it's on its way)

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6659

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6658

Both OST CDs feature music from the anime and are a good way to relax. You'll also get the shortened versions of the OP and ED songs. OST II features a biography booklet, while OST I features a general overview booklet that includes outfits.

[Pic coming soon]

The Drama CD is like fanfic on crack. If you read the Okazu entry on the CD, you'll see why. It's an amusing listen.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6651

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6649

Flight 1 and Flight 2 CDs are compilations of the 26 episode radio show done by Neviril and Rodoreamon's VA's called Radio Wave DE Ri Maajon. Each set also includes an extra CD that has more footage on it. I'm not sure if it is outtakes or what. I've only gotten to episode 10, but I fell in love with the show. It's a great way to relax and laugh, even if you have no idea what's going on. As I said above, these are very rare CDs and would definitely take some work to find.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6657

Special Flight CD is a special release containing the episode done to celebrate the release of the PS2 game. It's quite long, and is just as entertaining as the other Flight CDs. This one is easily found on Yahoo!Japan all the time and usually goes pretty cheaply.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6654
Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6656

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6653
Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6652

OP and ED Singles are pretty self explanatory. You get the singles, a B side, and a karaoke version of each song. I like the cardboard covers that come with these.

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Genga

Genga are very addicting once you buy your first piece. Genga are usually hand drawn pieces used in the production of the anime. In the case of Simoun, it is all hand drawn and none of it is copied. Everything in color is, of course, hand drawn.

I'm going to post all the genga I currently have here:

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG

Aaeru & Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0001

Aaeru & Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0002

Aaeru

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0003

Floe

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0004

Aaeru

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0005

Aaeru

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0006

Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0007

Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0008

Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0009

Aaeru & Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0010

Aaeru & Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0011

Aaeru

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0012

Paraietta

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0013

Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0014

Rodoreamon

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0015

Defense Minister

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0016

Wauf

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG-1

Rodoreamon, Kaimu, Vyura, Paraietta, Alti

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Background & Layout Sketches

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

More recently I started acquiring some background and layout sketches. I happened to find some on Yahoo!Japan that I liked and I may collect them from time to time. The layouts are typically copies, but from what I've seen of Simoun's they appear hand drawn. The backgrounds are all hand painted. I'm going to insert images of the ones I have, though they are what I saved from the auction. When I have them in my hands, I'll get better scans.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Twin_angels_xx-img600x436-1286776786wg56yp26261

Aaeru & Neviril's head

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Twin_angels_xx-img600x436-12867765289cfdbu77886

Aaeru

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Settei (Character & Object Designs)

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

I've been buying copies of settei (character and object designs) and so far have a set of 173 different ones, with some copies. I have a set of 160 on the way. I will post some of the images here, and then I'll list the types of design art that I've created folders for. These images are really good for getting the layout of a room, detailed designs for characters, and even some original ideas that weren't used for some of the objects.

Some examples:

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0001

Nightgowns w/ Aaeru & Neviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0004

Young Aaeru

My folders:

Aaeru
Alti
Arcus Prima Rooms & Objects
Cadets
Communications Staff
Dominura
Enemy Soldier
Grandpa's House
Messis Rooms & Objects
Nightgowns
Other Backgrounds
Other Objects
Paraietta
Pilot Underclothes
Rodo's Doll
Sibylla Dress
Simoun
Temple (Mamiina's Village)
Unknown Dux (Mamiina's Village)
Unknown Sibyllae (Mamiina's Village)
Vyura

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Miscellaneous

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

This section is meant for any miscellaneous merchandise I come across. I don't expect it to become very large, but who knows?

This is a phone card for the magnetic punch phones in Japan. It's unused and still has all of its units on it. I know this because it is unpunched. It was Aaeru/Neviril and adorable so I had to have it.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0142

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0143

Next I have a shirt, created and given to me by the wonderful Emma. I love this shirt to pieces because it combines my love of the phrase "I'm awesome!" with my favorite character. I've always wanted a shirt with the "Hello. My name is AWESOME! tag on it."

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6712

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6713

Here's my newest piece. I got it into my head that I wanted a custom football jersey. I used LogoSportswear.com as my site, mostly because they have no minimum order and no setup fees. They have a really nice designer program that you can use, and I was able to make my shirt resemble Aaeru's pilot jacket.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Snapshot_20110222_1

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Snapshot_20110222_3

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Commissions

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Commissions are perhaps my favorite thing to have done for Simoun. I've acquired quite a few and figured I'd post some of them here as well. If I remembered the commissioner, I put it with the piece:

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0019

Yuri Fan Badge by Scuttlebutt Inc

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0017

Aaeru & Neviril watercolor

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0018

Aaeru & Neviril magnets by Kasandra-Callalily

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Simoun_messenger_bag_by_rhiakolareny-d2ypinh

Aaeru & Neviril messenger bag by RhiaKolareny

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Lunkhead

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection HikikomoriNeviril

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection AaeruNeviril2

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection AaeruNeviril

Aaeru & Neviril coffee mug set of 4.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_6237

I forgot my buttons! I don't see how. I commissioned these at Otakon and I forget the name of the commissioner. I love collecting buttons, but I was guaranteed to never run across these two...so I had them made instead!

[pic coming when it's finished]

Aaeru & Neviril wallpaper/skin by maarika (LJ)

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Aaeru_front00

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Aaeru_back00

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Aaeru_quarter00

Aaeru plush by Planet Go Boom! I commissioned this back in mid-August to be done in time for my birthday, November 12. It was to be my gift to me. These are the pics that the commissioner sent me today before she shipped it. I love it. The only thing missing is the glove cover on the left arm, but it's not a big thing. This is actually an 18 inch plush, so it's not your usual UFO catcher size! I'll add another pic of her with me once I have it.

Last edited by Sibylla Aaeru on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Cosplay

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 pm

I've been working on getting together a cosplay for Aaeru and I'm going to post the progress shots. I plan to take better images once I have my wig. The ribbon on the dress featured is not the one I'm using, but it was all I had at the time. I also have a Tempus Spatium pendant that isn't pictured.

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection IMG_0023

The commissioner sent me images of the finished wig last night. I'll have it in my hands next week. Here you go:

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection DSCF5282

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection DSCF5277

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection DSCF5276

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection DSCF5272
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection Empty Re: Chibi's Ultimate Simoun Collection

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Update: 11/6/10

I've added a new doujin I scored today on Y!J. It was nice to find it because I technically should have been at a small convention this weekend, but I had to forgo that because of grad school stuff. Finding this made me smile, especially because it's an Aaeru/Neviril doujin. Find it in the Manga, Light Novel, and Doujin section.

I've also added images of my Aaeru wig that the commissioner sent me yesterday. I will have the week next week so I can put everything together finally. It turned out great, and the commissioner had a great time working with it too. Find it in the Cosplay section.
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 pm

I've added pics of my Aaeru plush that I will be receiving by Thursday. I cannot wait!
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:41 pm

I added a genga I received for my birthday from my mom. She picked it out on her own, and it just so happens that it was one I had been wanting for quite some time.
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:10 pm

I added some DVD bootlegs that I picked up from a dA member. All she wanted was shipping paid. Some pretty cover art on the one. I still need to add the shirt that Emma sent me. I also need to add new doujinshi images and descriptions.
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I added the t-shirt that was given to me for my birthday under the Miscellaneous section.

I've also made edits in the following places:
- Miscellaneous
--- Added a new description for the phone card
- Doujinshi
--- Added a description for the Yun x Aaeru doujin storyline
--- Added a description for the Distance Between Lips doujin storyline
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Duran's Flower Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Incredible collection here Chibi, very cool.
Duran's Flower
Duran's Flower
Sibylla
Sibylla

Ri Mājon Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Dominura Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Duran's Flower wrote:Incredible collection here Chibi, very cool.

Indeed, she has the finest Simoun collection. :3
Emerald Dominura
Emerald Dominura
Messis Captain & Dominūra fanboy
Messis Captain & Dominūra fanboy

Ri Mājon Points : 104

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sibylla Aaeru Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:06 pm

The biggest too Very Happy

Anyway, added a new custom. This time it's my football jersey. Go check it out!
Sibylla Aaeru
Sibylla Aaeru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down